So, as many of you guessed, yes, that picture of my sexy legs was taken at the hair salon yesterday. And yes, I did dye my hairs.
I’m just going to come out and say it: 50% of why I dye my hair is for my own enjoyment, but the other solid 50% is definitely to find new and exciting ways to reveal it on my blog. I purposely do things in my life, just so I can blog about them later. There. I said it.
I had a pretty solid idea yesterday of how I wanted to unveil my new head. Then I had a conversation with my mom about the blog and how, like I’ve mentioned before, Bushka In The City is essentially just a daily homage that I’ve constructed to myself. “Ode to Julia,” if you will.
With that idea in mind, I decided to make this little ditty playing up that idea while simultaneously revealing my new do. (Which I love, by the way)
Before you watch it, let me just take a second to justify this ridiculous behavior with a few tidbits of information:
- This winter break I have no job and spend most of my days alone. Killing time. I am definitely not complaining, but this new found surplus of free time… well… it changes you.
- With no one to hang out with comes resourcefulness. Exhibit A: McGiver’d Tripod for my iPhone to record this footage made out of a cup and a pad of paper.
- I always feel amazing about myself after I get my hair cut. Not only do I allow the narcissism, but I welcome it.
- I did get complimented on my outfit 4 separate times today (which only added fuel to the Ego Fire). I mean, not gonna lie… it was a pretty killer outfit.
- Yes, I know this is embarrassing. I’m ok with that.
- I secretly/ not so secretly want this video to become a viral sensation. TOGETHER, WE CAN!
Funny, right? Or pathetic. I don’t know. Either way, I like my new hair. You should, too.