My current mood: Scattered. Stressed. Antsy. A bit spazzy (I have no idea where all of this energy is coming from). And inspired.
Because of all these conflicting prioritization’s in my head, I have been so torn on what to blog about. I have about 83 things I want to fill you guys in on and I just can’t decide which one. So here I am at 1:25AM avoiding the fact that I need to sit down and write my artists statement about these flowers that I am surrounded by and this yarn that has tangled itself into a terribly confusing knot. It’s due at 8:00AM.
1. I found this wedding dress today online. I literally laughed out loud. It’s a vintage Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture Crocheted Wedding Gown. This goes to show that sometimes now amount of money can make something pretty. Case and point: Kate Gosselin. That was mean.
2. You may have noticed the new addition the blog: a large black box on the top right of the page that shows my innermost and private thoughts. It’s because I am back on the tweet. I mean I’m a tweeterer. What I’m trying to say is that I’m a tweaker. A twatter? I’m so confused. All I know is that somehow after a picnic dinner last night with the ladies, I pledged to tweet more often this summer. Follow me if you want to. But I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t. I’m still not convinced of the validity of this nonsense. (@juliagulia924)
3. This weekend, I had the immense pleasure of seeing my gorgeous roomie, Spencer, model in the SCAD Senior Fashion Show. She has been working her butt off since January and I didn’t think I was going to be able to go to the show after it sold out in 30 minutes a few weeks ago, but I knew a gal who knew a gal who knew a gal (actually, I only know Spencer) and she was able to get us some awesome tickets! The clothes looked great, but we all know what everyone was talking about Sunday morning– the fierce model who closed the show with such pinache and style: Spencer Malinski. Unfortunately Spencerless (their loss), the senior collection Lookbook can be found online here.
4. I took a break from the crocheting today and decided it’d be a good idea to start packing up the room while I had some time. Craziness is lurking the shadows and today and tomorrow feel like the calm before the storm. It was odd timing, this packing, due to the fact that all the way on the west cost, dear Don and Linda were saying goodbye to 307 Pirate Road for the last time and heading North (only about 10 streets) to *$& (it’d be stupid to put my address online for all the sex offenders to find) Santa Ana Avenue. So I packed. They moved. It was like moving telepathy. I could go on about how this made me feel, but that is another post for another day. We’re keeping this sucker light today.
5. I watched the season premiere of the Bachelorette tonight. I am so happy it’s back. What am I supposed to do on my Monday evenings with no cheesy dates and gimmicky bachelors to make fun of? Can we talk about Ryan P? He’s from CDM. And he got the first impression rose!!! My money’s on him….until next week when we find out why he’s a successful businessman living in the OC and still single. Lives at home? Sloppy kisser? Has 889 cats? Puts way too much product in his hair? Only time will tell.
6. Crocheted Flower Update: I literally worked for at least 6 hours a day for the last 4 days on these damn things and I am about halfway from where I need to be. As tired of double crocheting as I am, I am very pleased with the way it’s turning out. Stay tuned.
That’s all you get from me for now. I really must go. But I will say goodbye with this amazing new-ish video from a band I really like called Peter, Bjorn and John. 75% of the people who read this blog won’t like this song. My blog demographics are not very well rounded.